Monday, September 20, 2010

Helloooo out thereee....

Why hello.

It's only been like a year since I've even looked at this thing....okay not quite, but pretty damn close. A few updates? Why sure go ahead.
I've finished my first year and a half of college. I'm currently in my second sophomore semester. I'm a theatre major in a 3 year-2 summer program so the six weeks this summer counted as my first sophomore semester. I'm in the middle of designing the lights for the first show in the student run theatre--we open in two weeks or so. Jared? Yeah, still absolutely adore him, and he's now in his first year at school. He got a full ride to his college for all 5 years that he'll be there [He's getting his Masters in Vocal performance and Music Ed.] So I won't see him for a while, but worked with him when I got home this summer and had a wonderful time. Nano? Nope. That I don't even remember. Things go so far away from me I don't even know.

So things have been going pretty well in general. School is AWESOME. The administration drives me bonkers for the most part, but the theatre faculty is worth staying for--I love them all and couldn't imagine school without them. With fewer tech majors coming in and few in the class above me, our class of 7 or-so techs will have dominance over the department come next year--I'm really hoping for a design job in the Playhouse next season--definitely looking for one at Okoboji this summer. I've made just wonderful friends, whom I don't know what I'll do without when I graduate. Will terribly miss them and I know that already. One in particular is like my other half--Kim. I've even made friends with her friend from home whom I've never actually met. I'm almost closer to her than some of my own friends back home. Glad to say we are getting to meet since I'll be spending Thanksgiving at Kim's house since I can't afford to fly back home.

As for Nano [coming up in a month and a half or so] I've just started looking back at the website and came up with a wonderful idea--at least one I enjoy right now. Incorporating my love of male characters [I only really roleplay male characters, don't really know why] and them being very intelligent, with my love [albeit lack of knowledge] of history.
It will be starring Dr. Austin James Wilder who's 32 years old and was orphaned at 6. He's a genealogist and works in the special collections department at the University of Vermont. Despite being on of the best in his trade--Austin cannot track down his own family. He has no other relatives alive that he knows of. The only ones he knows of are dead. No matter what he tries he always hits a dead end in his research. So of course, the day the book starts is the day that all changes. As I remember reading somewhere [i think--maybe I just came up with this all my own--probably not] "A book is the day that something spectacular happens to the main character." Now that's in quotes, but it's my wording and such since I don't know if I read it somewhere or not. And day is a broad term--a book encompasses the time of this spectacular event. Your characters go on living normal lives, but no one wants to read about that. The extraordinary days are what get written about.

Anyway, It's fairly late [okay only 9:50] but it's still late enough for me to ramble, so I apologize.
I'll break this off for now. I doubt anyone is paying attention to this anymore, if anyone was to begin with. So Hello out there if you see this, and comment if you do--even just to say Hi back. =3

Sakitu

No comments:

Post a Comment